OBJECTIVES AND TYPES OF ORGANIC FARMING
Organic farming is the method of crop and livestock production that involves much more than choosing not to use pesticides, fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics and growth hormones.
In other words, it is referred to as, low input farming and uses natural sources of nutrients such as compost, crop residues and manure, and natural methods of crop and weed control, instead of using synthetic or inorganic agrochemicals
OBJECTIVES OF ADOPTING ORGANIC FARMING
Organic farming may be adopted, to…;
1. increase genetic diversity.
2. promote more usage of natural pesticides.
3. ensure the right soil cultivation at the right time.
4. keep and build good soil structure and fertility.
5. control pests, diseases and weeds.
TYPES OF ORGANIC FARMING
1. Pure organic farming
It involves the use of organic manures and biopesticides with complete avoidance of inorganic chemicals and pesticides.
2. Integrated organic farming
It involves integrated nutrients management and integrated pest management. It is the type of farming in which development of crops from natural resources having the complete nutritive value and manage to prevent the crop or plants from the pests.
In organic farming, we use the following techniques;
● CROP ROTATION: It is the technique to grow various kind of crops in the same area, according to the different seasons, in a sequential manner.
● GREEN MANURE: It refers to the dying plants that are uprooted and turned into the soil to make them act as a nutrient for the soil to increase its quality.
● BIOLOGICAL PEST CONTROL: With this method, we use living organisms to control pests with or without the use of chemicals.
● COMPOST: Highly rich in nutrients, it is a recycled organic matter used as a fertilizer in the agricultural farms.
Contact Greenroot limited for your agribusiness ideas and solutions . Buy affordable lands at Aburi Amanfo , Asutware Junction and kwaomoso for crops and livestock farming and real estate purposes . Choose any crop or livestock investment options and make over 100% returns on your investment. We give you free site plan and indenture. Grab this opportunity now