WHAT IS A HEALTHY FOOD DIET FOR RABBITS?
Fresh clean drinking water and good quality hay and grass should make up the majority of your rabbits’ diet. A rabbit’s digestive system needs hay or grass to function properly so a healthy supply is extremely important. You can supplement with leafy greens and a small amount of pellets. Root vegetables such as carrots or fruit, should only be given in small portions as a treat, as rabbits don’t naturally eat these types of foods. Always avoid muesli-style food, as these are unhealthy for rabbits and has a number of associated health problems.
• Fresh clean drinking water continuously, checked twice daily. Without water rabbits become seriously ill.
Good quality hay and/or grass, always available, should constitute the majority of rabbits’ diets.
– Rabbits graze, naturally eating grass/other plants for long periods, mainly at dawn and dusk.
– Rabbits’ digestive systems need grass and/or hay to function properly.
• Hay and/or grass as they’re much more important than commercial rabbit pellets .
– If giving pellets, follow manufacturer’s instructions.
– Don’t top the bowl up as rabbits might stop eating enough hay and/or grass.
– Growing/pregnant/nursing/underweight rabbits may need larger portions.
Rabbits’ teeth grow continuously, needing wearing down and keeping at the correct length/shape by eating grass/hay/leafy green plants.
– Not eating the right diet results in serious dental disease.
• Root vegetables (e.g. carrots) or fruit only in small amounts as treats. Don’t feed other treats as they may harm your rabbits.
– Rabbits don’t naturally eat cereals/root vegetables/fruit.
Safe, washed leafy green vegetables/herbs/weeds daily.
– Avoid sudden changes in diets of the rabbits
• Feeding quantities adjusted to prevent them from becoming underweight/overweight.
– Quantities rabbits need to eat depend on age/lifestyle/general health.
– Rabbits become overweight and may suffer if eating more food than needed.
The amount they eat and drink monitoring. If these habits change, droppings gets less/stop, or soft droppings stick to their back end, talk to your vet immediately as they could be seriously ill.
Contact Greenroot limited for your agribusiness ideas and solutions . Buy affordable lands at Aburi Amanfo , Asutware Junction and kwaomoso for crops and livestock farming and real estate purposes . Choose any crop or livestock investment options and make over 100% returns on your investment. We give you free site plan and indenture .Agriculture is wealth.