WHAT IS A HEALTHY FOOD DIET FOR RABBITS?
Fresh clean drinking water and good quality hay and grass should make up the majority of your rabbits’ diet. A rabbit’s digestive system needs hay or grass to function properly so a healthy supply is extremely important. You can supplement with leafy greens and a small amount of pellets. Root vegetables such as carrots or fruit, should only be given in small portions as a treat, as rabbits don’t naturally eat these types of foods. Always avoid muesli-style food, as these are unhealthy for rabbits and has a number of associated health problems.
• Fresh clean drinking water continuously, checked twice daily. Without water rabbits become seriously ill.
Good quality hay and/or grass, always available, should constitute the majority of rabbits’ diets.
– Rabbits graze, naturally eating grass/other plants for long periods, mainly at dawn and dusk.
– Rabbits’ digestive systems need grass and/or hay to function properly.
• Hay and/or grass as they’re much more important than commercial rabbit pellets .
– If giving pellets, follow manufacturer’s instructions.
– Don’t top the bowl up as rabbits might stop eating enough hay and/or grass.
– Growing/pregnant/nursing/underweight rabbits may need larger portions.
Rabbits’ teeth grow continuously, needing wearing down and keeping at the correct length/shape by eating grass/hay/leafy green plants.
– Not eating the right diet results in serious dental disease.
• Root vegetables (e.g. carrots) or fruit only in small amounts as treats. Don’t feed other treats as they may harm your rabbits.
– Rabbits don’t naturally eat cereals/root vegetables/fruit.
Safe, washed leafy green vegetables/herbs/weeds daily.
– Avoid sudden changes in diets of the rabbits
• Feeding quantities adjusted to prevent them from becoming underweight/overweight.
– Quantities rabbits need to eat depend on age/lifestyle/general health.
– Rabbits become overweight and may suffer if eating more food than needed.
The amount they eat and drink monitoring. If these habits change, droppings gets less/stop, or soft droppings stick to their back end, talk to your vet immediately as they could be seriously ill.
Contact Greenroot limited for your agribusiness ideas and solutions . Buy affordable lands at Aburi Amanfo , Asutware Junction and kwaomoso for crops and livestock farming and real estate purposes . Choose any crop or livestock investment options and make over 100% returns on your investment. We give you free site plan and indenture .Agriculture is wealth.
CrosschanVurdy · 11 July 2019 at 18:03
Wow, fantastic blog layout! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for? you make running a blog glance easy crosschannel. The total glance of your website is magnificent, let alone the content material!
WifefuckVurdy · 14 July 2019 at 16:26
I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks! Japanese