VEGETABLE FARMING TIPS
Vegetables are food crops that are high in nutrients. Everyone would want to take in fresh organic vegetables. Let us highlight on the basics of vegetable gardening or farming and planning : how to pick the right site for your garden, how to create the right size garden, and how to select which vegetables to grow.
PICK THE RIGHT LOCATION
Picking a good location for your farm is absolutely key. Here are a few tips for choosing a good site:
- Plant in a sunny location : Most vegetables need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. The more sunlight they receive, the greater the harvest, the bigger the vegetables, and the better the taste.
- Plant in good soil: Plants’ roots penetrate soft soil more easily, so you need nice loamy soil. Enriching your soil with compost provides needed nutrients. Proper drainage will ensure that water neither collects on top nor drains away too quickly.
- Plant in a stable environment :You do not want to plant in a place that is prone to flooding during heavy rains, or in a place that tends to dry out a lot. You also do not want to plant somewhere where strong winds could knock over your young plants or keep pollinators from doing their job.
HOW TO GROW THE BEST VEGETABLES
In addition to choosing the right location, here are a few tips that will help you grow your best vegetables right.
- Space your crops properly:Vegetables need a lot of space. Plants set too close together compete for sunlight, water, and nutrition and fail to mature. Pay attention to the spacing guidance on seed packets and plant tabs.
- Use high-quality seeds: Seed packets are less expensive than individual plants, but if seeds do not germinate, your money and time may be wasted.
- Water properly:Water your plants with the correct amount ;neither too much nor too little will give them the best chance at producing well-formed, mature vegetables.
- Plant and harvest at the right time: Every vegetable has its own planting dates so be sure to check the seed packet or research on it.
Contact Greenroot ltd for your agribusiness ideas and solutions. Buy affordable lands at Aburi Amanfo , Asutware junction and Kwaomoso for crop and livestock and real estate purposes.We give you free site plan and indenture . Choose any crop or livestock investment options and make over 100% returns on your investment . Grab this opportunity now!