CARE FOR ONION PLANTS
A proper management of watering and fertilization gives you double production. As onion is a very sensitive plant. It requires frequent treatments of fertilizer.
Onion also farms with different crops like ginger, tomato. After cultivating ginger you can also grow corn
- In supplement of fertilizer, onions require moist, weed-free soil with a pH level between 5.5 and 6.68 which we talk earlier.
- To get best results, the first application of fertilizer should be about three weeks after planting and then continue with applying every 2 to 3 weeks.
- When the neck starts feeling soft, stop apply any more fertilizer. This should occur nearly 4 weeks earlier to harvest.
- You must be watering after feeding and maintain moisture as early as you can during the growing season.
- Onions roots are vulnerable to moisture. So they need a steady watering process to thrive without problems.
- The closer to harvest time the more water will require for onion.
- The farmer who lives in the area with limited sunlight should grow short-day varieties, while long-day varieties seeds for whore live in areas where sunlight is abundant.
- Each onions need about 1 inch of water per week.
Contact Greenroot ltd for your agribusiness ideas and solutions. Buy affordable lands at Aburi Amanfo , Asutware junction and Kwaomoso for crop and livestock and real estate purposes.We give you free site plan and indenture . Choose any crop or livestock investment options and make over 100% returns on your investment . Grab this opportunity now!