5 FACTORS INFLUENCING DECISIONS ON THE SELECTION OF CROPS.
Every farmer wants the best from an agribusiness . Due to this there is the need to carefully plan , make and implement good decisions.Farmers need to answer all the below questions while making decisions for choosing a crop/ cropping pattern. During this decision making process, farmers cross check the suitability of proposed crop/cropping systems with their existing resources and other conditions. Thereby, they justify choosing or rejecting a crop/cropping systems. This process enables the farmers to undertake a SWOT analysis internally which in turn guides them to take an appropriate decision.
1. Climatic factors – Is the crop/cropping system suitable for local weather parameters such as temperature, rainfall, sun shine hours, relative humidity, wind , wind direction, seasons and agro-ecological situations?
2. Soil conditions – Is the crop/cropping system suitable for local soil type, pH and soil fertility?
• Do you have adequate water source like a tanks, wells, dams, etc.?
• Do you receive adequate rainfall?
• Is the distribution of rainfall suitable to grow identified crops?
• Is the water quality suitable?
• Is electricity available for lifting the water?
• Do you have pump sets, micro irrigation systems?
4. Cropping system options
• Do you have the opportunity to go for inter-cropping, mixed cropping, relay cropping, crop rotation, etc.?
• Do you have the knowledge on cropping systems management?
5. Past and present experiences of farmers
• What were your previous experiences with regard to the crop/cropping systems that you are planning to choose?
What is the opinion of your friends, relatives and neighbours on proposed crop/cropping systems?
Contact Greenroot limited for your agribusiness ideas and solutions . Buy affordable lands at Aburi Amanfo , Asutware Junction and kwaomoso for crops and livestock farming and real estate purposes . Choose any crop or livestock investment options and make over 100% returns on your investment. We give you free site plan and indenture. Grab this opportunity now!